Pages

27.6.16

My Makeup Base for Summer - 2016


I love looking in other peoples make up bags, discovering new products that they trust to give them their flawless face.

Today I will give you a look into my makeup bag and show you the products I am currently using to create my 'Makeup Base for Summer'. I use all of these products currently, when I have enough time to do a full face of makeup, as having a little one can somewhat distract me from being able to use it all everyday.

Primer



Currently I use MAC Prep & Prime Fix + before applying my foundation. I spritz my face twice and let it soak in, this leaves a nice fresh primed face for the next step. A lot of people I speak to use the MAC Fix + after they have completed their makeup look, but I find it works so well beforehand.



Foundation

When I want a full coverage foundation I reach for the MAC Prolongwear Foundation in NC20. I suffer quite badly with shiny skin and this foundation stays put on my skin all day, even on the hottest days. It has great coverage for me and I can rely on it being able to hold out through a long day, whether that be chasing round after a toddler or working in a busy office.




Concealer

My fail safe concealer has been Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. It covers my dark circles well and stays put all day. It has a creamy consistency and has great coverage.








Powder

As referred to in my previous post of 'Go To' products, I love Rimmel London Stay Matte Powder in Translucent. I use this around my nose and anywhere that may let me down and shine shine shine, when not necessary.



I also use MAC Mineralised Skin Finish Powder in Medium if I want to add a little more colour to my face after using my foundation.
Both of these products are reliable but they do have different price points.





Highlighter

MAC Mineralised Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle is a massive favourite of mine. A little goes a long way and gives a beautiful glow to the skin.







Contour

SLEEK Face Form in Light is a product that I have used for over a year, and it is a great contour colour for me. I use this on the hollows of my cheeks, under my chin (to hide the double chin) and also at the temples on my forehead. I like to put a small amount down the sides of my nose to give the illusion of a narrowing and this also helps make my face look a little more defined.



Blush

I use MAC Sheertone Blush in Gingerly, it leaves a beautiful colour and finish on the skin.






Bronzer

Kiko Rebel Romantic Perfecting Bronzer (this product is no longer available) Lightly dusted over my foundation gives a good glow and not cakey. Has a slight shimmer so perfect for summer.








So that's it for my Summer Base Makeup. Love to hear what you use throughout the summer.

Chat soon,

MichelleAnnaLoves









2 comments:

  1. I love spray Mac prep and prime before applying my makeup and after ! I also love nars sheer glow on the skin and nars orgasm on my cheeks! Looks so gorgeous ! Great post

    www.staceylouisewhite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hun!! I have never used Nars before. I may have to try it :)

      Delete