Pages

22.11.17

Say Hello to Hello Fresh - Special Offer


I don't know about you, but I get really bored of the same meals every single week.

We buy the same stuff and never really mix it up.

So when I saw HelloFresh boxes, I was really curious to see one for myself and ordered one for the following week to try.

How it works?

The idea around HelloFresh is you are given all the fresh ingredients to make a dinner within around 30-40 mins, from preparation to plate.

There is nothing you will need to leave the house for ingredients wise, because it is ALL provided in the box. You are provided with step by step cooking instructions for each meal, which are thorough and easy to follow. And everything is colour coded to the meal, so for example a bag with the purple label will have all the ingredients needed for the cooking instructions with the purple tab on it. 

My HELLOFRESH Experience

ORDERING

I downloaded the app, signed up and found the menu options.

You pick between 3/5 meals for the week ahead, and then all the meal options are then listed, you can make choices like, meals for two, a family etc and also choose vegetarian options too. Pick your meals and then make your way to checkout.You are asked for delivery instructions, so if you are not going to be at home on the day of delivery they will leave the box in a safe place or with a neighbour. They also text you on the morning of the delivery with a two hour time slot which I bloody loved!!

One ASPECT I liked about the whole experience was menu choices can be changed within a certain time frame (cut off a week before delivery), you are not tied into the meal choices religiously until the cut off date, which meant if needed it could be amended really easily.

DELIVERY and PACKAGING
I really didn't know what to expect from a 'deliver to door' food subscription as I hadn't ever used that sort of service previously, but, I was overly impressed with not only the delivery administration (ie: the text messages with a time slot) but also the packaging. It was fantastic.

Perishable goods, (chicken, chorizo, cream, etc) came packed in an insulated bag stuffed with large ice blocks to keep them fresh on the delivery.

And as I mentioned before all the ingredients for the meals are contained in a brown paper bag, colour coded to the cooking instructions. 

All the ingredients are packed in a rather large cardboard box, which is fine by me, as it can be recycled. 


Hello Fresh Cooking instructions
Meal Prep
Preparation of the meals were simple and easy. The instructions are so clear and easy to follow that it makes it a pleasant experience, and both myself and my husband enjoyed making the dinners together. 

We both were impressed that  the ingredients were for a meal for two, but the amount given was really generous and could have probably fed 3 (so maybe good for a family of 3). 






The Taste Test
All of the meals we cooked actually tasted so fresh, which was good as it lived up to its name. 

The ingredients were all high quality and tasted so flavoursome.

Overall
I think that the concept of HelloFresh is a great one. It is great for busy people.  It is a fab way to explore new foods and ingredients, and improve on your culinary skills.

One of my tips is to make sure you have plenty of room in your fridge for the day of delivery, and then enjoy the flavours! 

If you would like to try HelloFresh for yourselves you can use my discount code MICHEL799 to get £20 off your first order

Thanks for reading and let me know if you have tried HelloFresh.

Michelle xx












No comments:

Post a Comment